Saturday, April 3, 2021

My honest review: VitaHealth Asta Glutathione Plus

 I have always been intrigued on beauty supplements. But I am not convinced enough to consume those local products with viral testimonies. Sure their skin may look better after consuming, but I have heard and dealt (in my clinical practices) too many patients coming in with side effects of these so called health/ beauty supplements. 

As I am starting my third decade of  life, I can't help to have these fine lines and worsening permanent eyebags. I always felt like I look older than my age. So I think it is time to take care of my skin from the inside, apart from those usual drink more water advices. 

I am sceptic at first. But I wanted to try too, on the condition that;

  1. The ingredients is backed with scientific data
  2. Sold by authorized pharmacies/ drugstores
  3. Trusted brand

And I came across this product, sold at a quite high price. 1 box of 60 capsules (in  2 bottles of 30s each) for 1 month supply is priced at around RM200++. I read a lot on the ingredients' safety and efficacy through NCBI, and I decided to give it a try. 

Fast forward after 3 boxes. Though I am not that compliant (did not take 2 capsules everyday, sometimes skipped a day or two), I think this product helps my skin look generally better and fair. But I don't look pale, and my skin does not have the look of unhealthy bleached white skin. I guess there is just some natural glow, my skin became just a little bit fairer, feels more moisturized and healthy. The changes were not so drastic, may be because I am not compliant enough. I did not experience any side effects while taking this.

I am going to stop taking this now for a while, as I feel I'd like my body to rest from any unnecessary supplements, and I am not sure of its side effects if taken long term. 



No comments:

Post a Comment